We’ve got a treat you can whip up this Eid holiday to keep you entertained & well fed at home. Flapjacks are the perfect tasty fuel for the day or a sweet treat to have as a snack with tea (plus the kids will love them)! And the best part is, all the ingredients you need are in our Suhoor Essentials Grocery box which you can order on LUNCH:ON & get delivered the next day! Follow along as Chef Michael talks you through how to make the perfect flapjacks & find the full recipe below!
Want to be featured on our “Chef at Home” series? DM us on Instagram or leave us a comment here!
(Ingredients from our Suhoor Essentials Grocery Box)
For the flapjack:
150g Dark brown soft sugar
150g Golden syrup or honey of choice
350g Porridge oats
175g Dried assorted fruit and nuts,
75g Crown dates,
1 pinch salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180oc/Gas 5.
2. Melt the butter, sugar, and syrup or treacle in a saucepan, but be careful not to let it boil. Stir in the porridge oats, dried fruit, and the salt and mix thoroughly. Press the mixture into two 20cm (8 in) round baking trays.
3. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.4. Remove from the oven and cut into slices. Lift from the tin and leave to cool before cutting. Store in an airtight container.
1 Banana, ripe
1. Using a fork, mash the banana.
2. Lightly whisk the labneh and fold in the banana
N.B If you would like your cream a little sweeter, then add a touch of your favorite honey.
100g Dalfour strawberry jam
1. Bring the jam and water to the boil, simmer for 2-3 minutes.
2. Pass through a fine sieve3. Contain and chill.
Your dedicated food friend. Delivering you the UAE’s best food at a fraction of the cost. No minimums, tips, or delivery fees. Now also delivering groceries & meal kits!